Sunday 5 January 2014

Landscapes at the Beach



Beaches are an exciting place to photograph landscapes. These are some images taken by me at a beach in Singapore. And there's more! I will tell you 3 tips for shooting better landscapes! So let's get things started.

I haven't seen islands so close to the beach as in the first photograph. And there was a way to those islands from the beach. Of-course, there was water all over the place, making it a perfect landscape. But wait! There was something missing. I had read in one of the photography magazines that landscapes look wonderful when you show human impact. So, I waited for the right moment. Eventually, I saw this couple walking along the beach. By adding them into this landscape, I made a better landscape.


As I spent time in the beach, it turned dark. The sun was about to set and I found this wonderful scene. With the trees in the lower part of the scene and blue sky dominating the rest of the scene. Moreover, there was the sun ready to say bye in the middle of the scene. I increased the shutter-speed, widened the aperture and set a low ISO to click this image. The reason why I did that was, I wanted a silhouette. 


I have done some serious works on landscape photography and I have also made good research on 'How to photograph landscapes?' and more. So, I will let you know some landscape photography tips that will help you shoot better landscapes. 


  • Go wide! Unlike other photographs, in landscapes you are not focusing on a particular subject. You are showing equal importance to the whole frame. So, you must take the photograph in such a way that the whole part of the frame is in focus. This can be achieved by setting the camera to a large f-stop number i.e., you are widening the aperture. 
  • Next up, is making use of a tripod. Tripods can be very useful while shooting landscapes. By using a tripod, you can work with wide range of shutter-speeds. You can even get sharper photographs by following this method. You can even buy a new lens for landscape photography.
  • And for the final tip. Switch your camera to landscape mode. By this, the camera will provide you with the best settings for getting the best landscape. Once you are an expert, switch to manual. Do look for landscape photography ideas online.

    I hope you liked the photographs and the tips as well. Do check out other posts on this blog. Have anything to tell me? Then, do comment below or send me an email! More in the next post. Till then, bye!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...