Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Flying Subject


Yeah! It's the last day of 2013 and of course this is the last post of this year on Picsonia. By the way, I wish you all a very happy new year! 

 The Flying subject is actually a Blue and Gold Macaw of the Jurong Bird Park, Singapore. At this bird park, I had met a wide variety of birds, but this bird had fascinated me the most. Maybe, because it was very attractive and colourful. The blue and gold macaws are large South American parrots with blue and yellow coloured feathers on their body. They are known for their ability to talk, colourful body and for their friendliness with humans. 

That was the descriptive part of the post. To me, photographing with 'The Flying Subject' was an unusual experience. As I owned a standard 18-55 mm lens, I had to get very close to my subject. As I was about to photograph a bird, I set my camera to Priority mode. Spent a bit of time photographing my subject and later I made a little tests with aperture and got better results. Moreover, you can see that I got some bokeh in the first photo. I have also tried to put my subject in the centre of the frame, following the rule of thirds.

That's all in this post. Hope you liked the post and do leave your comments below. All the best for the new year. See you in the next post, till then bye.


2 comments:

  1. Great as usual, that's all I can say! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks. Do follow my blog for all the updates. You can do so by clicking on the 'Join this site' button the sidebar! :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...