Saturday 21 December 2013

A bit of City and Architecture


City and Architecture is one of the common categories in the world of photography. As an amateur photographer, I mainly specialize in Macro, Black and White, Abstract and Nature. I haven't done serious work on City and Architecture.  So, I thought why don't I give it a try! These are my first images on City and Architecture. Have a look.



Recently I had been to Malaysia, where I have clicked these images. The city of Kuala Lumpur is a wonderful place for photography. I can say that Kuala Lumpur is a city of architecture. There's buildings all over the city. Moreover, the city is a mixture of old and modern buildings. Thanks to Kuala Lumpur for building some interest in me of photographing architecture.

I have been to the Petronas Towers, Batu Caves, Merdeka Square, Istana Negara, National Monument, etc which are considered as some of the 'must-visit' places in and around Kuala Lumpur. I have uploaded some of the images of Istana Negara, the official palace of the Malaysia majesty, Merdeka Square(the last photo) and 2 photos of the National Monument.



Luckily I found shooting architecture a bit easy. I have heard that photographing City and Architecture is a bit tough, but I don't think so. Considering my experience, I would like to tell that 'angle' is a key factor in photographing buildings and architecture. The output mostly depends on how you hold the camera and how your are going to put the structure into the frames. 

You might need a tripod when you are shooting buildings with light(during night), fountains, or moving objects. In these images, I have either used a fast shutter-speed or taken a help of a natural tripod, maybe a flat surface. I didn't work much on the aperture while taking these pictures. Mainly, it was ISO and Shutter-speed which came in handy. 




I treated some of these images on Photoshop and for some I put some filter so as to bring emotions on to the frames. For me, it was fun working with City and Architecture. I hope to work on it in the future and I will surely upload the pictures. I hope you liked this blog post and do leave your comments below. I will be happy to put up some replies! That's all in this post. Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...